- AG C6.01 Strategic Advisory Group
- AG C6.12 Tutorial Advisory Group
- AG C6.17 Advisory Group on Rural Electrification
- AG C6.23 Advisory Group on Terminology
- JWG B5/ C6.25/CIRED Control and Automation Systems for Electricity Distribution Networks of the Future
- JWG C6/D2.32 Utilization of data from smart meter system
- WG C6.11 Development and operation of active distribution networks
- WG C6.15 Electric Energy Storage Systems
- WG C6.16 Technologies employed in rural electrification
- WG C6.19 Planning and optimization methods for active distribution systems
- WG C6.20 Integration of electric vehicles in electric power systems
- WG C6.21 Smart Metering – state of the art, regulation, standards and future requirements
- WG C6.22 Microgrids
- WG C6.24 Capacity of Distribution Feeders for Hosting DER
- WG C6.27 Asset management for distribution networks with high penetration of distributed energy resources
- WG C6.28 Hybrid Systems for off-grid power supply
- WG C6.30 Battery electric storage systems
- WG C6.31 Medium Voltage Direct Current (MVDC) Grid Feasibility Study
WG C6.22 Microgrids
Topics elaborated within the WG 'Microgrid Evolution Roadmap
1. Definition and Clarification of Microgrid Concept: What is a Microgrid? How is it different from other concepts such as (Commercial or Technical) Virtual Power Plants (VPP), Active Distribution Networks, etc. ?
2. Market and Regulatory Settings for Microgrids: How can a Microgrid become profitable? Who owns and/or operates it?
3. Control Elements and Control Methods of a Microgrid: How is a Microgrid operated? What control technologies are available and which still need further development? Is islanding preferable? What kind of alternative technologies such as short and long term storage facilities and demand side management is required to support islanding operation?
4. Justification of Microgrid Deployment:
Why are Microgrid needed? What kind of social, technical, environmental and commercial benefits of Microgrid operation benefits can it offer at national and international level?
5. Microgrids evolution roadmap including electricity infrastructure replacement scenarios: Which business models will be most suited for Microgrid operation? What advantages of wide deployment of Microgrids can be quantified.